Hemp Heart Energy Bites (no bake)
Hemp Hearts are a nutrition power-house, containing all 20 amino acids with 9 essential ones. They are the best source of omegas 6 and 3 as they contain it in a 3:1 ratio, which is ideal for the body to fight inflammation and anxiety. They have the needed essential vitamins and minerals along with a high fibre content, that helps remove toxic substances from our gut and improves digestion.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
In the recipe, a healthy mix of Oats, Hemp Hearts, Dates, and Cinnamon are processed into a thick dough, that are then rolled into healthy energy bites for a nourishing and delicious snack.
Here is everything you will need, plus ingredient substitution ideas:
- Oats – use old fashioned or quick oats
- Hemp Hearts
- Pure Maple Syrup
HOW TO MAKE HEMP HEART ENERGY BITES
- Start by adding the oats, hemp hearts, dates, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon to the bowl of your food processor (shown above left) and blend until combined (above right).
- Scoop out rounded mounds using a 1 tablespoon measurer, pack into round balls (as shown above).
- For a finishing touch, roll the balls in the toppings: cinnamon, cocoa, shredded coconut and your favourite Hemp Hearts.
And voilà, a healthy snack or dessert that can be enjoyed often!
- Keep them uniform. Make the mounds uniform in size by using a scooper like this 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, it’s super helpful and makes things easier!
- Keep your hands clean. If the dough starts to stick to the palm of your hands when rolling, wash them in between every few balls for ease.
- No dates, no worries. If you rather not use dates or don’t have them on hand, you can sub with pure maple syrup using 1 – 2 extra tablespoons pure maple syrup.
HOW TO STORE:Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freezer: For longer storage, energy balls will keep in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months. To freeze, place the balls on a baking sheet or plate, about 1 inch apart, place in the freezer for a few hours (this will help them not stick together). Once frozen you can store them in freezer safe ziplock bags or containers. Let them in the refrigerator a few hours before snacking.