- 1 cup of hemp hearts
- 2-3 cups of water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- 1 whole date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon jaggery powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder for "chocolate milk"
- 1/4 cup fresh berries for "berry milk"
- Add hemp hearts, water and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high speed blender. Top with lid. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
- Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavour/sweetness. Add more dates, jaggery powder or vanilla as needed.
- Pour the mix directly into a serving container. You can strain it, but it doesn’t necessarily need it. If straining, pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
- Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more).
- Enjoy cold (and shake well) for best results. It's delicious straight from the jar, in smoothies, with granola, or in baked goods!
- Enjoy your healthy plant-based milk :)