Hemp Seed Khichdi
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup green moong dal in a bowl
- Take the rice and the green moong dal in a bowl and soak for 20 minutes. Post which, drain out the water and set aside.
- Now, add the rice and moong dal to a pressure cooker and add 3 - 4 cups of water.
- Add salt, turmeric, heeng and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles. Meanwhile, the rice and dal will cook to become soft and mushy.
- In another pan, add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, handful of palak leaves and sauté till it all turns brown.
- Now add the cooked rice and dal to a pan, mix well, add salt according to taste and garnish it with cilantro (coriander leaves).
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts, drizzle hemp eed oil and you’ll receive a smoking nutty flavour to your healthy meal. Enjoy : )