- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a small dry skillet, toast the nuts over medium high heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the nuts to a bowl and allow them to cool slightly. (This step is optional, but brings out a more robust flavour in the nuts.)
- In food processor, combine all ingredients except the olive oil. Turn on the food processor and gradually pour in the olive oil.
* Stores for about 1 week in the refrigerator and several months if frozen.