Hemp Protein Bombs
Fudgy, dark chocolate energy bites made with wholesome ingredients? Yes, please!
These energy bites are made with 6 simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 6 tbsp Hemp Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp creamy almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (optional / for extra fudgy texture)
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse/mix until small bites remain or a ball forms. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add Hemp Protein Powder, Hemp Hearts and sea salt. Pulse a few more times to combine.
- Add the dates back in along with the almond butter and melted coconut oil (optional). Mix/pulse to combine. The result should be a moist dough-like mixture. If too wet, add a bit more hemp protein powder or hemp hearts.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then scoop out rounded tablespoon amounts and carefully form into balls. The dough will be somewhat fragile, so use the warmth of your hands to gently form/roll them into balls. There should be about 20 energy bites total.
- Roll in extra hemp hearts or hemp protein powder.
- Store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.